Home Insurance for owners of Drones

If you fly drones, radio controlled helicopters or radio controlled airplanes as a hobby, you will no doubt be aware many home insurers exclude cover for these. 

With our home insurance policy underwritten by SAGIC, in addition to insuring your buildings and contents insurance we are also able to include cover for your drone, in or away from home and also include cover for the liability whilst using it.

When insuring your property, it's important that you insure for the rebuild value and not just the market value as these amounts are often not the same.

Need help calculating your rebuild sums insured?


SAGIC are a subsidiary of the Salvation Army, they have been providing insurance since 1909 and are a not for profit insurer. All profits go back to the Salvation Army as a charitable donation.
Some of their great work is detailed on their website by clicking their logo below:


A summary of the most popular enquiries we receive:

  • Standard homes - buildings and or contents
  • Landlords Insurance
  • Tenants Contents
  • Thatched Roof Properties
  • Unoccupied properties - including properties undergoing renovation
  • Non-Standard Walls - including timber, timber framed, cob, stone, concrete, wattle & daub,
  • Non standard roofs - including flat roofs, felt on timber, metal roofs, eco roofs
  • Non standard insulation
  • Flood risk properties that have not flooded
  • Older properties
  • Properties with previous movement or subsidence or underpinned
  • Properties built pre 1850
  • Listed properties
  • Higher value properties
  • Blocks of flats
  • Portfolio of Properties
  • Properties used as a Bed and Breakfast (B&B)
  • Air BNB
  • Eco Properties
  • A mix of the above!

We can usually offer payment by direct debit (other than for unoccupied properties)
Quotes are usually provided the same day

Quote enquiries may be requested online or by phoning 0115 9455447

Get Quote.

Call Me Now